More commonly known as reishi, ganoderma is a hard, bitter mushroom used to promote health and longevity in traditional Chinese medicine. Proponents claim that ganoderma can relieve fatigue, keep cholesterol in check, curb high blood pressure, tame inflammation, build stamina, and support the immune system.
Ganoderma shows promise in reducing cholesterol levels and easing allergy-related inflammation of the airways, according to preliminary evidence from animal-based studies. Here’s a look at more of the science behind ganoderma’s health-enhancing effects.
1) Cancer and the Immune System
Often used as an immune stimulant by people with cancer (as well as HIV), ganoderma has been shown to strengthen immunity as well as combat cancer-cell proliferation. In a 2003 study of 34 people with advanced-stage cancer, for instance, taking ganoderma in supplement form three times daily for 12 weeks led to a significant increase in T-cells (known to play a central role in immune defense).
Lab tests on breast cancer cells, meanwhile, found that combining extracts of ganoderma and green tea heightened the mushroom’s ability to slow cancer-cell growth.
2) Antioxidant Benefits
Several small studies have suggested that regular use of ganoderma supplements may increase your levels of antioxidants, compounds thought to protect against disease and aging.
3) Relief of Urinary Tract Symptoms
In a 2008 study of 88 men with urinary tract symptoms, researchers found that ganoderma was significantly superior to placebo in providing symptom relief.
The Health Benefits of Ganoderma Lucidum
King of Herbs
Michelle Mahl, Yahoo! Contributor Network
Oct 17, 2006
Reishi, or Ganoderma Lucidum, has been around for centuries. Worth it’s weight in gold, used only by emperors and other royals, this ‘Miracle Herb’ has been overlooked by western culture for years.
To their detriment, few people know about Ganoderma’s marvelous health benefits and antioxidant effects. Even the most expensive antioxidant on the market can only boast a fraction of the 100’s of antioxidants found in Ganoderma Lucidum.
Cordyceps Sinensis is essentially a fungus. It thrives at high altitudes and is usually found in the mountain ranges of Tibet, Nepal and some parts of China. Closely related to, but not quite a mushroom, Cordyceps Sinensis belongs to the Ascomycetes family.
Cordyceps Sinensis has a long history of use as a medicinal fungus. Highly prized by the Emperors of China for its restorative and energizing properties, a pound of wild Cordyceps was valued at 3 pounds of silver. Pretty expensive for something that isn’t quite a mushroom.
Although it has a long history of medicinal use in traditional Chinese medicine, Cordyceps Sinensis is also gaining wide recognition in western medicine, with a whole library of clinical studies published on its powers.
Some of the most widely documented Cordyceps Sinensis benefits include
Increases energy, endurance and stamina levels
Increased oxygen capacity
Combats weakness and fatigue
Boosts lung function and capacity
Boosts immune system
Improves sexual virility
Given its ability to increase stamina levels, Cordyceps is very popular with endurance athletes such as cyclists, long distance runners, triathletes and swimmers.
It’s not all about athletes though. Cordyceps Sinensis is an amazing booster, offering benefits such as:
General physical condition
Cordyceps owes its rejuvenating properties to its adaptogen actions.
Two of the main actions of Cordyceps are its ability to increase oxygen capacity and increase ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate) levels. Studies show that Cordyceps increases lung capacity and leads to better oxygen capacity.
ATP is an interesting subject. Without going into a long winded explanation, ATP is essentially the fuel our body runs on. Produce more ATP than we burn and we experience increased energy levels. Stop producing ATP for a matter of seconds, and it’s essentially lights out.
ATP is produced naturally in our bodies and typically we have a reserve of around 100 grams at any given moment. This might sound like a lot, but every single function we undertake, burns energy. Dealing with stress, the function of our organs, coping with illness. All these and more need fuel.
It’s this ability to increase ATP levels in our bodies that gives Cordyceps its amazing restorative and energizing properties. Cordyceps may promote liver health.
Dr. Earl Mindell, R.Ph., Ph.D., world renown herbalist as registered pharmacist gives ’34 reasons why we should go for Goji.
1. Goji extends life, protecting your body from premature aging through its powerful antioxidant action.
2. Goji increases your energy and strength, especially when fighting disease.
3. Goji makes you feel and look younger. Goji stimulates the secretion of HGH (human growth hormone) the “youth hormone”.
4. Goji maintains healthy blood pressure.
5. Goji reduces your risk of cancer.
6. Goji reduces cholesterol.
7. Goji promotes normal blood sugar in early adult-onset diabetes.
8. Goji enhances sexual function and treats sexual dysfunction.
9. Goji helps you loose weight.
10. Goji relieves headaches and dizziness.
11. Goji relieves insomnia and improves the quality of sleep.
12. Goji supports eye health and improves your vision.
13. Goji strengths your heart.
14. Goji inhibits lipid per oxidation (a cause of heart disease)
15. Goji improves disease resistance.
16. Goji improves immune response (T-cell, IL-2, IgA, IgG).
17. Goji is used as a Cancer treatment.
18. Goji restores and repairs DNA (preventing mutations that can cause cancer).
19 Goji inhibits tumor growth.
20. Goji reduces the toxic effects of chemotherapy and radiation.
21. Goji builds strong blood, enhancing production of red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets, and treatment of bone marrow deficiency.
22. Goji improves lymphocyte count.
23. Goji activates anti-inflammatory enzymes.
24. Goji supports healthy liver function.
25. Goji treats menopausal symptoms.
26. Goji prevents morning sickness in the first trimester of pregnancy.
27 Goji improves fertility.
28 Goji strengthens your muscles and bones.
29 Goji supports normal kidney function.
30. Goji improves your memory and recall ability.
31. Goji helps chronic dry cough.
32. Goji alleviates anxiety and stress.
33. Goji promotes cheerfulness and brightens your spirit.
34. Goji improves weakened digestion
Order Yours Today! Price
Classic Black Each bag contains 30 packets. 1 packet = 1 serving $31.95
Arabica Black Each order contains 30 packets. 1 packet = 1 serving
Ganoderma – The Health Benefits of Ganoderma – Ganovia Coffee
By Cathy Wong, About.com Guide
Updated May 27, 2009
The Home of Ganovia Cocoa and Coffee!
The Only Healthy Gourmet Black Coffee
A. We have 2 blends Arabica Black and Classic Black. The Ganovia Arabica has 67 mg of caffeine and Classic Black has 75 mg of caffeine. How much caffeine is in a regular cup of coffee? Our trusted resources at the Mayo Clinic (http://www.mayoclinic.com) gave us this information! It was pretty interesting! Many people's favorite treat is a Starbucks Vanilla Latte. We were shocked to find out that it has 150 mg of caffeine in a 16 oz cup! That's there most popular size at Starbucks! Dunkin Donuts didn't fare any better. Their 16 oz cup of coffee has between 143-206 mg of caffeine! A plain old generic brewed coffee can have as much as 95-200 mg for 8 oz of coffee, WOW!! So although Ganovia is not caffeine free because it is Gourmet Coffee, it certainly has less caffeine than most coffee products. And many caffeine sensitive folk are able to drink it.